Women in Transition
A woman in transition is a woman who is experiencing a significant change in her life. Whether it’s becoming a widow after the death of her spouse, divorce or separation, affluent women in transition often need assistance getting through the "next steps".
Sonya Ranker, is a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst and Financial Advisor specializing in helping women who are in transition; focusing on planning for life after divorce or losing a spouse.
Questmont provides Financial and Emotional Support Services
Assistance with Organizing your Important Documents
- Reviewing tax returns, legal and other financial documents to get a clear picture of assets and holdings
- Retitling accounts where needed
- Assisting with processing claims and transfers
Helping you Avoid Common Mistakes
- Through education and discussion, we help highlight those decisions that are being made from an emotional place as opposed to a thoughtful and informed place.
Providing Clarity on Settlement Options
- Will this be enough?
- Will I be able to live my current lifestyle?
- Do I have enough money?
- Should I adjust my budget?
- Can I keep my house?
- How are the different assets taxed?
- How will my new status affect my taxes?
- Is there anything I can do to reduce my taxes?
- Do I need to change my will and estate plan?
- Are my beneficiaries still appropriate?
- Will my estate be subject to taxes at death….and is there anything I can do to reduce the potential taxes?
Customizing a Portfolio to Address Your Needs and Goals
- Do you need income?
- How do you feel about market volatility?
Coordinating a Team of Experts
- Bringing your needs and concerns front and center
- Family Law and Estate attorneys, Accountants, Insurance Professionals, Valuation Experts
- Attend meetings with you and these professionals
- Helping to ensure stated goals and needs are addressed
- Help to thoroughly understand issues and provide continuity through the process.
- Finding solutions to align your assets and documents with your goals
Designing a Custom Income Strategy when Needed
Ongoing Monitoring and Support
- Regular semi-annual progress reviews
- Annual tax planning review
- Portfolio management
- Asset protection reviews
- Updates on policy and law changes that may impact finances, taxes, or estate plans
- Services that address our clients changing needs.
To learn more about the professional history of our financial advisor(s), please visit FINRA's BrokerCheck.